Welcome to Larry McMillan's Free Learning and Analysis Tools section, your destination for option education and trading resources including free option data and software to aide you in your option trading.
Free Learning Tools
- The Various Volatilities - A one hour plus discussion on the similarities and differences between Historical Volatility, Future Predicted Volatility and the all important Implied Volatility.
- An Introduction to The Greeks - A one hour plus seminar explaining how your option positions will react to changes in price, time, volatility, etc.
- Important Signals from "90% Days" - Lawrence McMillan, founder of McMillan Analysis, explains what he means by a "90% day," and why it can provide important signals for both traders and investors.
- Profit with Delta Neutral Positions - Learn how to increase profits and reduce risk with this simple yet effective strategy.
- A Beautiful Equation - A video detailing the formula for put/call parity that keeps the pricing of options in line.
- Probability and Expected Value - Learn to determine the optimal way to allocate your investment capital.
Free Analysis Tools
- Free Volatility Data - Historical Volatility data, Implied Volatility data, and the Current Implied Volatility Percentile for all stock, index and futures options updated weekly
- Weekly Charts - S&P 500 (SPX), CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), 21-Day Equity Only Put Call Ratio (PC21), and Weighted 21-Day Equity Only Put Call Ratio (PC21 w) charts updated each Friday
- Option Workbench Tutorials - These recordings of the "Intro to Option WorkBench" and "Advanced Risk Analysis Using Option Workbench" webinars will help users understand and use the powerful Option Wokbench software.